Incase Alloy Backpack (Steel)

Incase Alloy BackpackThe Incase alloy backpack is an awesome looking bag with a futuristic, chromatic look and feel to it. It has several slots and little pockets hidden within the smaller front compartment for writing tools, cords/cables, zip drives etc. The main compartment also has two slots for a tablet and up to 17'' laptop. The back is padded quite well and it also provides for great security to laptop/tablet slots inside the pack. There are two faux-fur lined pockets at the top of the pack and one on the front and they are well designed to hold small valuables and electronics while still keeping them accessible while the pack is on. It is incredibly sturdy and the design quality shows over time. I get comments on it all the time so it attracts eyes.

Obviously I am content with it however I do have one complaint about it. The shape of the pack makes it wider towards the top of the pack which leaves for a smaller footprint, meaning if you sent the back down, on its bottom...it WILL topple over. It must be braced up against something and given the slick nature of the 'alloy' outer, it slides very easily leaving it flat on the floor. Again, this is a small issue but I've never noticed this effect so pronounced on a backpack.

But in summary, its a cool looking, functional bag that turns heads and does its job.

I couldn't believe the price for this top-of-the-line backpack for hauling all of my computer stuff. I was skeptical but seeing as how Amazon has never steered me wrong before, I placed the order. Half-expecting a "bait and switch" with a less capacious backpack or one with different materials (I ordered the crumpled nylon fabric called "Alloy" to match the same finish macbook pro sleeve I already owned), I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was indeed a new incase backpack just like advertised but at a lower price than anywhere else by a wide margin. Kudos to this seller and to Amazon for a quick and fulfilling buying experience without hoopla or hassles.

The backpack is currently housing my macbook pro 15" with Retina Display in its luxurious faux-fur lined but breathable padded compartment with enough room left over for my Bamboo graphics tablet in the same slot. The sleeve holds my iPad along with several file folders worth of documents and keeps them all nice and straight (no folding or crumpling of my documents). At the bottom of the backpack is a convenient hollow space for bulkier items like headphones, books and harddrives and you don't have to worry about squishing them to pieces 'cause the computer and iPad and other accessories are suspended above it nicely. The second zipper houses a functional utility area with mesh pockets that snuggly hold my external optical drive (my new Retina MB Pro purged it in its bulemic slimming down), an external 300 GB hard drive, my magic mouse, a folding bluetooth keyboard, rechargeable batteries, an LED flashlight, an Apple remote, pens, CDs, and business cards. Again, there is a hollow area towards the bottom of this section that can hold other sundry stuff. Three smaller utility pockets are included in the minimalist outer design and are great for small stuff like iPhone, keys, wallets, sticky pads, pens, paperclips, iPods, remotes, utility knives, etc.. One of these pockets is conveniently and surreptitiously hidden in the padding for your back--a great place to stow wallets and other valuables. The pack itself is breathable and super-light though sturdy. The straps are beefy, breathable and distribute the considerable weight of all the stuff I have piled in there comfortably and securely.

I absolutely love this pack from incase and it is now the favored conveyance for all of my stuff. I have a cool Zero-Halliburton attache case that matches all of my Apple swag, but it isn't nearly as capable and comfortable as this backpack (I always have to carry another bag with all of the overflow stuff). Oh, and the incase backpack looks minimalist modern cool while the Hallliburton case makes me look like I should be carrying $100,000 in cash or a bomb--not the kind of vibe you want to be putting out. The design philosophy is on par with Apple's but as utilitarian as an SUV. It's a perfect marriage of uncompromising form and excellent function.

Buy Incase Alloy Backpack (Steel) Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment