17" Aluminum Macbook Case, Blk

17' Aluminum Macbook Case, BlkI initially liked this case -it fit my 17" macbook pro very nicely. Most of the ports are usable while it's still sitting in the case, which is handy. Makes a pretty good heat shield for sitting with it on your lap. Offers a minimum amount of protection against bumps and drops though -there's not a lot of padding. After about two weeks of use (not used every day), I was carrying it with the included shoulder strap over my shoulder, I bent down a little to open a desk drawer, and the metal swivel on the strap clasp that attaches to the case (which looks very heavy duty) broke and my computer fell to the floor. Fortunately I was on a well-padded rug and I was able to slow the fall by partially grabbing the case as it fell. So I certainly wouldn't recommend using the included shoulder strap. The fall bent the corner of this case slightly, but my computer was fine, so I guess that says something positive for this case, though it was a very slight drop. As always, Amazon was great about taking the return and giving me a prompt full refund, including shipping and return shipping. This is why I like to buy from Amazon. After a lot of searching, I purchased a Higher Ground Shuttle from Shaun Jackson Design (with added backpack strap), which I'm extremely happy with. It's rigid and offers a lot more protection, and is great to carry with the backpack straps. I feel like my macbook pro is much more protected in the Shuttle. I'd only recommend this case if you're going to carry it within a different padded bag or backpack, although for that a handle on this case would be nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment