Case Logic Berkeley Plus BPCA-115 15-Inch Laptop Backpack (Anthracite)

Case Logic Berkeley Plus BPCA-115 15-Inch Laptop BackpackThis is a great backpack. I'm a fan of Case Logic camera bags, so this didn't come as a huge surprise. Much like the camera bags it's sturdy and full of useful compartments, in addition to being comfortable to wear. Some of the compartments seem a bit random--do I really need a lower-back pocket?--but I've yet to find this to be an inconvenience. I was impressed when it held up in an unexpected downpour; I wouldn't leave it out in the rain for terribly long, but books and laptops will definitely survive a 10-block sprint through the rain.

My husband has a really large backpack that carries his laptop or notebook when he travels but the bag is looking pretty rough. I liked the look of this backpack and wanted to try it out for him. When it arrived, I was surprised at how light weight the backpack was (in comparison to his old one) and how nice the fabric looked. He likes it but it can't carry nearly as much as he likes to cram into his carry on. There are two different compartments that you can put your laptop/notebook in. It's strange to have one of the padded compartments directly on your back and the zipper under the straps. There is one large zipper on the outside that has a pocket for a small notebook (definitely not for our larger laptop) and other small compartments. They are all useable just not for anything bulky. It's a great for daily use but don't plan on using this for long trips.

Buy Case Logic Berkeley Plus BPCA-115 15-Inch Laptop Backpack (Anthracite) Now

If you're looking for a laptop backpack that looks classy, will protect your gear, and won't break the bank then look no further. The Case Logic Berkeley Plus backpack will hole a good-sized laptop (up to 15") but will also protect a modestly sized MacBook Air. The padding seems thick enough to protect against a drop from a few feet, but I have to admit I wasn't about to test it (not on purpose anyway).

The backpack is a good size, not too big and not too small. It has several pockets around the exterior that would hold keys, phone or iPod, and accessories. One of the pockets will hold a water bottle or other drink... common feature but still very useful.

The best thing about the backpack is the material it's made of. Backpacks just don't look refined most of the time, they make you look like a kid in high school. I feel like I could carry the Case Logic Berkeley to the office and not feel like I was 17 again. It's a really nice, textured fabric that just looks classy. Check out the detail in the product photo and see for yourself.

PROs:

Lightweight

Roomy, but not too big

Pockets for accessories and a water bottle

Great price

-

CONs:

I do worry just a little that if I dropped it with my MacBook Air in the 15" laptop pocket that it wouldn't have enough protection because it's not "snug." We'll see.

"Secure hidden pocket" on the back is weird and protrudes just a little, and you can feel it when wearing it on your back. It's not necessarily uncomfortable, but a little weird. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put in the pocket... cash perhaps? But it's not "hidden" really, it's very obvious the pocket is there when the backpack is not on you.

Overall, the Case Logic Berkeley Plus is a really well made laptop backpack and would be great for the college student (or someone like me who prefers the comfort of a backpack to the messenger bag).

Read Best Reviews of Case Logic Berkeley Plus BPCA-115 15-Inch Laptop Backpack (Anthracite) Here

I had the opportunity to lug this backpack on an international trip right after it arrived, so I could test its battle-readiness right away. Overall I am satisfied; its small size belies its volume and the padding at the back is better than what appears. I could easily fit my 15 inch laptop along with two books, a kindle and some small accessories. After this there was little space left, however. The only problem for some could be that it's not exactly a trend-setter in terms of looks; but personally for me this was not a big hindrance.

Want Case Logic Berkeley Plus BPCA-115 15-Inch Laptop Backpack (Anthracite) Discount?

I carry my MacBook Pro 15 (Retina) and my iPad in a Logitech Solar Keyboard Folio fine. The MacBook Pro fits (barely) but the iPad + case fits nicely. I also carry the charging cables, an Apple Magic Trackpad, and a Seagate Slim 500 GB Portable Hard Drive. I don't carry books or papers (I don't need to, since I use digital versions). I also occasionally carry a water bottle, which fits in one of the side pockets.

There is a small zipped pocket at the bottom of the bag that faces the back. I suppose you can put your phone in it, and for security purpose (to prevent pick-pockets) it is not accessible when the backpack is on the user. Also, the compartment for the laptop is cannot be easily accessed if the backpack is on the user, since the straps cover the zipper path. I actually like these features... I've had my backpack unzipped while riding the train several times. For some, this may be an annoying and unwanted feature.

The backpack does not have enough space to carry too many things, which I like because I tend to overpack and weigh down my bags. This way, I cannot overpack, and the backpack stays relatively light.

Highly recommended.

Save 39% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment