V.T. Full leather sport motor travel backpack w/three straps L62 (big front pocket)

V.T. Full leather sport motor travel backpack w/three straps L62. DK Vintage BRNThe Good:

-Thick, quality leather in most of the bag(I measured 3.0mm in some places)

-Strong stitching

-Shoulder bag/backpack convertible

The Bad:

-Two small areas of thin leather on the sides of the front small pocket (minor gripe)

-Made in China (The seller was not upfront about this, but I did some fact checking of my own)

-Leather is very dry when first received, needed LOTS of conditioner

Now for the long version:

When I opened the packaging for this bag, my office was filled with the smell of leather and tanning agents. I actually had to let it sit outside overnight to help dissipate the smell!

This bag has several compartments fit for a variety of items. It has three larger sections, each fit for a 15" to 16" laptop, and a thin front section for papers or a folder or two. The middle large section has a small interior pocket on each side, while the front large section has loops for pens and a pair of pouches. Both pouches are -exactly-large enough to hold a Ti-89-sized calculator, which is great for students!

The leather used to make this bag is thick and super tough. It will survive a long time. The finish is beautiful (after treatment) and will probably only get better with age. Construction on the bag is pretty strong. I would not say it is as strong as a Saddleback bag, but the price difference should tell you that, and the fact that these bags are made in China. The stitching is tight and uses thick, nylon thread that looks stout enough to withstand quite a beating. The inside is lined with suede, giving the bag a bit of a luxurious feel when opened.

I have stuffed it full of textbooks, laptop, and miscellaneous tools and it took them with ease. I would recommend using the included backpack straps when carrying substantial weight in this bag.

If you are wondering about the buckles in the picture, the white appearance is from the protective tissue paper they wrap the hardware with. The hardware is really chrome-colored and shiny.

NOTE: When I received this bag, the leather was a bit dry, and needed some conditioning. I applied some Lexol to it, and the leather became even more attractive and pliable. The fact that I had to apply conditioner is not a big con, because all fine leather products should be conditioned to prevent premature wearing, but the bag was quite dry. You will be glad you had conditioner around after you apply it to this bag. It will dramatically improve the look, feel, and life of the bag. Apply conditioner liberally, as the makers of this bag did not endow it with enough conditioner to reveal its true beauty and flexibility. By liberally, I mean that this bag drinks conditioner like a corrupt dictator drinks cognac, so really slather the conditioner on there. It will absorb all you've got.

If you want a durable, beautiful leather backpack that doubles as a shoulder bag, this is a good candidate.

The seller is prompt, polite, and helpful, but does not like to talk about the fact that the bags are made outside of the USA.

I give this bag four stars.

UPDATE: The leather has had a few weeks to absorb the conditioner I applied, and the bag looks incredible. The color has become a deep red-brown. The feel is impeccable, some of the best leather I have felt. I like the bag more every time I use it or look at it.

UPDATE 2: After having the bag for a few months, I decided to cut out the gusset in the back, the one without the pen holders. I did this for the purpose of joining the two large interior sections into one. I am so glad I did this. It can be used as a more proper backpack with the now-appropriately-sized main compartment. Before this, the two compartments were best for textbooks, but now I use it as my overnight bag. It had no effect on the integrity of the bag. Plus, I got the thick suede divider and cut it into bottom liners for each of the pockets.

Additionally, the bag continues to take on more scuffs and marks, making this piece of leathercraft look better all the time.

This product is exceptional and a perfect example of what a vendor of this high-caliber should deliver. This appropriately sized "premium" high-grade leather backpack is perfect for me, as I am an adult male business professional, on-the-go most of my time.

The stitching and craftsmanship is superb. I am looking forward to using this backpack for years to come. As a corporate marketing professional this backpack by Vagabond Traveler is essential to my day-to-day needs. Better for my needs than a premium-grade leather briefcase, it simply suits me good sirs. Truly love the well thought out chrome buckle accents and the chrome hook clips. Caring for this item will be a real treat indeed. The leather will "only" improve with age.

Plenty of room for my business needs, from generous space for my iPad2 to my general business items. Good room for my portable backup cell phone charger that fits nicely in pocket (next to pen slots in the inside middle section of the backpack). The multi-inner sections (3) are very convenient. I highly recommend purchasing this item. Absolutely NO disappointments. I look forward to using it daily.

Upon first taking this fine Vagabond Traveler luxuriously rich dark brown leather backpack out of its custom drawstring tan bag, one instantly imagines the painstaking hours of time that went into developing it to perfection. The scent of this premium leather is amazing to the senses. Love your product Vagabond Traveler, love it... will take this backpack on my 2-week trip to visiting Germany next year, then South America!

I have already received many compliments from business associates about this fantastic leather backpack. It is quite the unique piece of art and a backpack in one. Well done Vagabond Traveler, well done. I am very impressed, very satisfied with your product and will recommend to others as well Bravo!

Buy V.T. Full leather sport motor travel backpack w/three straps L62 (big front pocket) Now

Too big, too heavy and too much cow... you will have to check this bag in at the airport. You might as well put wheels on this thing and a long handle to move it around. It's like carrying a suitcase on your back.

Read Best Reviews of V.T. Full leather sport motor travel backpack w/three straps L62 (big front pocket) Here

The big is substantial and made with a very nice leather. It is a rich dark brown. It holds a laptop, iPad, gadget bag, folders and miscellaneous items such as keys, phones, etc. It comes with backpack straps and an over the shoulder both made with the same quality leather. I did treat my bag as the other two reviewers recommended and it does look better. I have received a number of compliments on this bag and my boss now wants to buy one. I am very pleased with the purchase and I do anticipate this bag getting better with age. I only have one gripe. I wish it had a strap to hang over the handle of wheel able luggage.

Want V.T. Full leather sport motor travel backpack w/three straps L62 (big front pocket) Discount?

Hopefully it will last, but I'm not sure. I can see where some small holes may develop soon.

As the other reviewer says, add lots of conditioner. It looks so much better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment