Chrome Citizen Bag

Chrome Citizen Messenger Bag Olive/Black, One SizeI really really like this Chrome bag, I think I will be getting a new color soon.

They may be slightly on the trendy side, especially in Chicago, SF or NY but I do like them a lot. The adjustable strap is really easy to tighten and loosen, but even still there is a buckle on the front so you can unload your bag at the end of the day real quick. It swivels around your body with ease (if you do actual messenger duties) and has two major compartments on the inside. One of them is sealable with velcro, which is where I keep my U-lock and chain. The other is where you'd keep your other stuff. Books, folders, packages. If you keep other random small things in there, they tend to spill out if you're removing other things (hence I keep my lock/chain in the other compartment)

There's also smaller compartments for pens, etc... you're bound to see that on every bag on the planet these days. Another nice feature is the super padded shoulder strap. There's a removable velcro overlay so you can securely place things like iPod case or walkie holder, etc. I haven't ever used mine, but it comes in handy if you use those sorts of things. Another strap comes around and under your arm for extra security.

I've had mine for almost two years now and it is holding up well. There is some sign of wear on the strap where the buckle is fastened to the lower part of the front strap... but its seatbelt material and designed not to unravel at the slightest sign of wear. One slight criticism is that there aren't a lot of options to fasten safety lights to the back. Planet Bike makes a red light that many bikers own, but there is not really a sufficient place for it on this bag. I simply cut a slit on the bottom part of the front flap... it works. There's no padding on the bag itself either so if you have hard or pointy things in your bag, you'll feel it on your back. I wish they were a little cheaper, too. On a whole, made well and durable. Quite waterproof as well.

FYI, bag sizes are classified as follows: Metro small, Citizen medium, Metropolis large. Then they have other versions like the Berlin which I guess you could call jumbo, with more pockets and such. The Citizen is the right size in my opinion, and probably what most people get.

You already know from reading other reviews that they last forever. What I want to talk about is the comfort and convenience of the bag. This bag is incredible. I just got it, but when I transferred the items from my old bag to my new Chrome Citizen, (even added a few extras to fill out all the compartments) and THE BAG FEELS 5x LIGHTER. I assume it is the ergonomic design, and the amazing padding on the shoulder strap, but I am positive that I can carry more in this bag than I would have ever been comfortable carrying in a backpack or shoulder bag.The weight distribution is very even, and the lateral support strap keeps everything in place while riding your bike. I did a wallet and phone test, shaking the bag vigorously upside down, but they both stayed exactly where i put them thanks to the keen design of the pockets, and the redundant closure. The only mistake I made was buying the bag online, I live in San Francisco, and didn't realize I could have walked to the factory/store and bought it until after I saw where it was made.

Buy Chrome Citizen Bag Now

This review pertains to the Chrome Citizen Night Series Messenger Bag.

I needed a messenger bag for one, and only one reason: Transporting the goods as I ride to/from work on my motorcycle. Saddlebags... not happening. Tried a backpack, but it was inefficient to load and didn't distribute the weight as well. And unless you enjoy looking like a hunchback...

This messenger won over every other brand, though Timbuk2 was a close second. Overall the Chrome Citizen is larger, built tougher, and though admittedly more "no-frills" than the competition (read: few internal compartments/pockets) it's as well executed as anything I've purchased in a long time. I'm puzzled by reviewers who state that you can't load this bag heavy... on a daily basis, I've filled it with: a 5lb macbook pro with power brick, my lunch with blu-ice cooling pack, 84oz water in stainless steel container, a pair of shoes, and a jacket liner.

On other occasions I've loaded it up with the essentials for short overnight trips, as well as stuffing a 12 pack of beer in. All fit with no problems.

My requirements were simple: the bag had to handle the load, distribute the weight well, fit comfortably, and not shift around as I rode. It was implied that the bag would handle wear-and-tear very well. The reflective material used on the Night Series stands out quite well in the dark while showing a subdued black/grey pattern during the day... very well executed indeed.

I'm very happy to report that this messenger excelled at everything I've thrown at it. It's been rock solid, and I can't imagine another bag doing what I need, this well. Some will scoff because there aren't extras like a dedicated laptop compartment, or multiple interior sections but now that I've used it for 9 months, I realize that those features would have been a mistake to add. Making use of packing cubes is all that's needed to section off items from each other.

Kudo's to Chrome, what an excellent bag!

Read Best Reviews of Chrome Citizen Bag Here

Love this bag, roomy, sturdy, and stylish. Takes a beating and continues to look brand new. Bag is light weight (2.5lb empty) and comfortable, the strap doesn't cut into my neck like the TimBuk2 bags tend to.

However, Amazon listing for this item is not 100% correctit says "One size" which is not true, I'm guessing most sellers are selling "medium" size, I would ask before purchasing. Also, they come in both Left and Right shoulder, you want the one opposite of your dominate hand, meaning; get a Left shoulder bag if you're Right handed, and vice-verse.

Want Chrome Citizen Bag Discount?

At first I was a little skeptical of the Chrome. After being envious of the Timbuk2 bags for so long, I wondered if I had made the wrong call. However the Chrome Citizen has proven to be one of the most solid purchases I've bought. The bag is sturdy, heavy, and holds a ton. It does everything I ask of it and more. And the extra padding on the shoulder is top shelf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment