Kenneth Cole REACTION It'S A Great Op-Porrt-Unity Case

Kenneth Cole REACTION It'S A Great Op-Porrt-Unity Case,Black,One SizeHaving just graduated from college this year and spending a 4-month vacation in the US, I was eager to buy myself a serious bag that could be used for work and travel. I did research online for a black leather briefcase around the $100 price point and I've come across several options offered by Kenneth Cole Reaction. There were also Delsey and Samsonite while Tumi and Victorinox were out of my budget.

This bag is just amazing. My 15.5" Sony VAIO laptop fits well in the main compartment together with the power adapter, a wireless mouse and a flash drive with lanyard, camera battery charger and camera USB cable (in the three smaller divisions). On the second large compartment which has 2 divisions are my files, documents and folded broadsheets. The back zippered pocket meanwhile is perfect for your favorite magazine. The front compartment houses my phone, phone charger, point-and-shoot camera, iPod classic, pens and cards. I store my passport, airline ticket/s and boarding pass/es and a small, thin notebook in the front-most zippered pocket.

The weight of the bag after all these things stuffed inside is a bit heavy admittedly but it's manageable. You could always use the detachable, padded, adjustable, shoulder strap anyway. There are a total of 8 large zippers that very well says Kenneth Cole Reaction on both sides. If you'd ask me, I should say that this leather briefcase is great! Good craftsmanship and reasonably priced. The add-a-bag feature which lets you slide this briefcase to your roller luggage handles while traveling is also a nice thought.

Lastly, delivery was impressive! Ordered this bag on a Thursday night (California) and got it Monday afternoon. This is my very first leather briefcase and I hope it ages well, would be able to brave the everyday abuse and stand to the test of time.

Long story shortvery high quality from top to bottom. This computer bag will not let you down. Real leather, nice zippers, plenty of room and storage for all types of needs. I have my mac book, charger, blue tooth head set and charger, Air card and charger, numerous computer accessories, thick leather notebook, pens, etc etc etc. There is still room for more. You can't go wrong for the price.

Buy Kenneth Cole REACTION It'S A Great Op-Porrt-Unity Case Now

I shopped long and hard for a perfect combo laptop briefcase to use with my new 15.6" Dell. I wanted a leather case that would look good and work good whether just going from home to office, or from coast to coast on business travel. I wasn't expecting this purchase to be as difficult as it was. I made one purchase prior to buying this Kenneth Cole product but returned it because it wasn't right. That was a MobileEdge case that was just too big and clunky. Not to take anything away from M/E products, but there's not much in the way of product offerings in the smaller, just right size I was looking for. Also, the case I returned although bigger in dimensions than the Kenneth Cole seemed to have less capacity for my laptop's accessories. Weird. I love the look and feel and space availability and layout of this Kenneth Cole laptop case. I'll update my review based on how it wears over time.

Read Best Reviews of Kenneth Cole REACTION It'S A Great Op-Porrt-Unity Case Here

DISCLAIMER: I spent 15 minutes looking this over after arrival before packing it up for a return. This review is of first impressions only.

I don't mind spending money on quality leather items, because I want stuff that will last however, I was disappointed with this purchase. It arrived with a scuffed up bottom not the natural kind of scuff that would occur, but bad marring to the point where the leather grain was non-existent and it couldn't be brought back to life. I tried a quality leather conditioner to ensure it was a permanent defect, and it was. If this happened while I owned the bag, I would have been OK with it but certainly not upon arrival. It would take a serious scrape to cause this type of damage I'd imagine and its not so much the scuff that concerned me since leather does scuff up but the fact that quality full grain leather wouldn't scuff this way got me wondering if it is full grain leather...

The bag otherwise looked OK, the interior pockets seemed reasonable (definitely not indestructible though) and the stitching (while thin) was doubled up in most places that mattered. It was hard to tell, but I believe the "tubing" around the perimeter edges was a vinyl type and not leather not certain. Laptop compartment was padded, but with little padding. My biggest concern was over a tag on the bag that labeled it as "genuine leather" -while the manufacturer's website description labeled it as "full grain" leather (which is superior to genuine leather). I own some full-grain leather items from Saddleback leather and this leather was very inferior full grain if so. Then again... that's to be expected at this price point. I'm not a leather expert just comparing it to known quality leather.

SUMMARY: Questionable quality, but durability may be acceptable (regardless of how it would look after some time). Is leather full grain or genuine? Seems priced close compared to other products of similar quality, but the $130-140 range might be a little more appropriate. Wanted to like it, and may have never known the difference if it wasn't scuffed other reviewers really seemed to like it, so don't let my view be the only you take into consideration.

Want Kenneth Cole REACTION It'S A Great Op-Porrt-Unity Case Discount?

Someone else head mentioned thinking it would be easy to find a bag like this, but it was harder than they thought. I agree. I looked long and hard for a leather bag with well-designed pockets, decent hardware and not goofy looking. Most importantly it had to be not too big and not too small. THAT was the hard part! Like the porridge in Goldilocks and the Three Bears, it had to be "just right."

I use a netbook and like to carry several cords, accessories and an external mouse. I wanted to be able to toss a book in to read if I wanted and still have room for a couple of files and miscellaneous junk. I also wanted a pass-through strap that would fit on the handle of a rolling bag. And, I didn't want to pay several hundred dollars for something like a Tumi. Well, this bag finally offered me what I was looking for. Even if you use a 15 inch laptop you should be good with this bag.

The leather is good, the design is good and it's just about the right size. One of the reviews mentioned a petroleum type smell and that's true. But it goes away after a day or two of use just a new smell. The leather is soft and grained so that I don't think it will show every dent and scratch like shiny gloss leather tends to do. My previous case was like that and it was irritating. Only time will tell how it holds up, but it appears to be well-made. I have had Tumi bags and other big name expensive cases in the past, and I honestly can't tell any difference between the quality of this bag and the ones that cost two or three hundred dollars more for the name tag. Highly recommended!

0 comments:

Post a Comment