7000 Cubic Inch Alpine Trekking/ Hiking/ Climbing/ Camping Backpack

7000 Cubic Inch Red Alpine Trekking/ Hiking/ Climbing/ Camping BackpackI used this backpack for the Sierra Club Wilderness Basics Course and I was pleased with the height but the pack is very narrow. I really struggled to get a sleeping bag and a tent in it without breaking a seam/ zipper. Also, the upper side pockets are almost useless when the pack is loaded up. The top of the pockets are flush with the side of the pack so they really can't expand out as you put things into them. The lower side "bottle holders" are also kind of tiny. My final problem with this pack was the cheap plastic buckles. I broke three of them during the course of the class (Two shoulder buckles and one on the bottom of the pack. I was able to tie off the straps and continue but having equipment hold together while you are out in the desert is extremely important. Overall the pack was usable and the other features are great but it needs some girth, better plastic, and better pockets.

This pack is handy....

I bought this pack a few months ago and really didn't have the time to try it out...until last week.

Two of my buddies and I decided to go on a four day back-country hike in the Red River Gorge. I had been on a few of these before but nothing as long and as rugged as this one, and for four days the 7,000 cubic inch space came in quite handy.

I was able to fit: two pairs of pants, two pairs of shorts, a pair of swimming trunks, a hooded sweat shirt, a pair of shoes, a first aid kit, 4 pairs of socks, 3 t-shirts, a flashlight, three 1.5 liter water bottles, two rolls of toilet paper, a two person tent and a .45 handgun in the main compartment. On the upper compartment: toothbrush, deodorant, flint striker and fire starters. Lower compartment I used for food such as canned tuna, beef jerky, soups, ect....

Strapped to the lower half was a thick sleeping pad and a thick sleeping bag. The two side compartments each easily held 1.5 liter bottles snuggly strapped in.

In all it weighed in at around 90 lbs. Which is where the comfort of this pack comes in. Sure it was heavy but it fit great, had well balance and pretty good shoulder padding. With the chest strap and the padded waist strap it made a very heavy haul as easy as it could be.

Buy 7000 Cubic Inch Alpine Trekking/ Hiking/ Climbing/ Camping Backpack Now

I was planning to go camping in Yosemite for the weekend and needed to shop for a backpack after I found out my old mainstay had a big hole in the rough-hide leather bottom. Many thanks to Fluffy for that... Anyway, I wanted something quick and cheap when I came across these bags. Holy cow, this camping backpack is a bargain. It is HUGE and has got all the trappings of a fully spec-ed out camping backpack. There are more than enough compartments, straps, and buckles to hold just about any standard gear you'd care to take and it looks I could have catered a New year's bash in this bag. The shoulder, hip, and belt straps are all nicely padded and adjustable. I don't know much about the material and stuff but it came back from my trip in one piece and now I have a real backpack for my next trip. Definitely recommend it for its price.

Read Best Reviews of 7000 Cubic Inch Alpine Trekking/ Hiking/ Climbing/ Camping Backpack Here

hello

i have been using this pack for a few weeks

the materials, like the circular ball closingsand blue string, used for tighttening up the top pack are cheapely made, as well as the straps... if you put this up againt a north face, jansport or lowe pack for starters, it does not hold a candle. the ergonimic needs for good hiking are lacking in this the design of this pack

one problem is the hip buckle adjustment is not adjustable on the spot, as it is cheaply made. 90 percent of the bodies weight comes onto the hips in movement and a well designed hip pad is imperative. also the 7,000 cu inch measurement statement is including all openings, which is misleading. the basic top to bottom opening does not shore up to even nearly that

in my view this kind of advertising is deplorable

yes, it was an inexpensive pack, but this is no excuse for bad

design.

sincerely

nick consoletti

Want 7000 Cubic Inch Alpine Trekking/ Hiking/ Climbing/ Camping Backpack Discount?

This pack will do the job of lugging a lot of gear... but it isn't 7000 CI. I can fit my 2 person tent, 4.5 liters of water, enough food for 3 days, 2 days of clean clothing, my glock 19 handgun, stove, sleeping bag and pad. That being said if they would reinforce the cheap plastic buckles and design the side pockets to expand larger this could be a great bag on a budget! It isn't that comfortable but for under $70 buxs compared to over $300 for an Osprey I can deal with that. I have a 3 day trip and 2 day trip on Mt.Baldy and Ice House Saddle Trail on this pack as long as the cheap plastic buckles hold up I am happy with my purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment