Mobile Edge Premium Laptop Backpack- 17.3-Inch (Black)

Mobile Edge Premium Laptop Backpack- 17.3-InchI have had the backpack for about 3 years and all I can say is it is very close to perfection. I had done a lot of research prior to buying it and it paid off. The combination of features it truely unique. The material is very sturdy and looks like new even after 3 years of daily use. I had read a lot of reviews about other nicely looking backpacks which were unusable after 6 months due to cheap (but beautiful) material. The laptop compartment has protection on _all_ sides including the bottom. My IBM T41 fits easily. The backpack is big but doesn't look like you are about to go mountain hiking there is plenty of room for books, folders, lunch box etc. Cell phone pocket is a nice touch. There is a belt you can fasten if you have to run to catch a bus or a train. I only have two minor complaints. I wish it had better organizer for pencils, calculators etc the one it has consists of 3 basic pencil holders which are not able to hold anything thinner than half an inch and two big mesh pockets. Another thing, I whish the outer pockets were better designed i.e. instead of one horizontal pocket it had two vertical ones and the side pockets were bigger to hold water bottle, small umbrella etc. I looked at other backpacks with better outer pockets but all of them weren't even comparable to this one in terms of all other features.

I first ordered this pack because my new laptop (ASUS G74S w/ 17.3" screen) would in no way fit in my old laptop bag. Unfortunately, having no idea what brand my old bag is, or even if there is a larger model available (I bought it almost 9 years ago at the Lackland AFB BX), I had to do some searching to find an ideal replacement for it. The workmanship and material quality of the Mobile Edge is outstanding. I've only had it for about three weeks, but it looks like it'll hold up a good long time. The pack is very comfortable to wear, even with my heavy laptop, its power supply, a full travel case of DVD/Bluray discs, and four 2.5" HDDs in external enclosures all packed into it. I've already walked many miles with it on my back and not had a single problem. The padding on the pack and its straps is comfortable, but not so soft that it'll compress and wear out quickly. The portion that holds the laptop is also very well thought out, with dense "egg carton" style foam and a nice wide elastic strap to securely hold the laptop.

I do have two small complaints that kept me from giving this five stars though: The first is that it's still a tight fit for my laptop, though mine is one of only a few models that are as big as it is, so this may not apply to you. It can still be made to fit with a bit of jockeying, and is getting easier as I break in the backpack, but I think making the pack just one inch taller, or squaring the overall curve of the top just slightly more would make it a much more ideal option for carrying larger laptops. My second complaint (and I shopped around for a couple months, with this ending up being the best option in that aspect as well) is that it's not nearly as well compartmentalized as my old bag. With my old one I could organize everything down to having its own separate compartment, but not as much with this one. I'm still on the learning curve of finding the best method/routine for packing everything I put in it, but having it more compartmentalized like a camera bag would be perfect for a pack like this. I almost ordered the National Geographic bag, as that would have been perfect for organizing everything I carry, but for $300+ for one that MIGHT fit my laptop (but maybe not), there was no way I was going to plunk down that much cash for a bag when I was seeing packs like this selling for less than $100 and getting high markings for their quality and durability.

Overall, I think this bag is an excellent choice for anyone looking to pack around a large laptop. Just be aware that if you carry a good amount of extra stuff, organizing it could prove to be a challenge.

Buy Mobile Edge Premium Laptop Backpack- 17.3-Inch (Black) Now

I have been using this laptop for over a month now and am very pleased. I use if to carry my laptop, converter, papers, etc., each day to work and it is comfortable hanging over one shoulder or on my back. On a few business trips, the backpack has proved sturdy and comfortable when loaded up with additional materials. The picture depicts the backpack as purple or blue but the black color is even and professional. I would recommend the pack for professionals who are looking for an alternative way to carry your work home each night.

Read Best Reviews of Mobile Edge Premium Laptop Backpack- 17.3-Inch (Black) Here

I got a very large gaming laptop as desktop replacement, but needed a way to transport it on those rare occasions when I travel with it (I also have a tablet I use for most things). This bag is the only one I could find that fit my large new laptop (MainGear Nomad 17"). I've only used t for about 2 weeks, but am happy with my purchase. I mostly use it for walking/biking back and forth to work with my 15" work laptop, and it holds both sizes of computers securely. I haven't flown with it yet, but think it should fit under the seat or in the overhead ok unless I max it out. The back flap holds everything securely, which is both handy and a hassle when you need to get in/out of it.

PROS: The bag appears well built and will hopefully stand up to repeated use as a regular bag. It's quite large, and would probably be good for a 2-3 day trip if you pack light and get creative. The inner compartments are divided so you don't have a lot of room for bulky items like shoes, but you could probably attach them outside. It has a lot of good pockets, but their size/shape make it best for office/school supplies vice a camping/hiking pack.

CONS: There isn't a good water bottle pouch, as the mesh pockets on the back aren't deep enough to hold a container securely. I've found an empty water bottle will bounce out when going up/down stairs, although a full water bottle stays ok as long as you don't bounce around too much. The carrying handle is rugged, but I don't like the web that holds it, as it digs into my neck when I wear it while on my bike.

Want Mobile Edge Premium Laptop Backpack- 17.3-Inch (Black) Discount?

Backpack is very strong and I can fit an ASUS 17" Laptop in it. There is plenty of space still for books and other utilities. The service was excellent and the backpack arrived on time. Thank you!!!!

Save 37% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment