Eddie Bauer "Weekender" Mini Diaper Bag

Eddie Bauer 'Weekender' Mini Diaper Bag - black, one sizeAlthough I was initially put off from this bag because it is not feminine or baby-cute (two pluses as far as my husband is concerned, and now as baby is not so new, I agree), I would not carry another bag. I have even come to enjoy the compact, black look that doesn't scream DIAPER BAG. I have noticed it's smaller than many women's purses. I own a larger diaper bag, but I find I very seldom use it, because there are so few places you really need to carry that much stuff. Although this bag is small, I think I can get in quite a bit. People have called this my clown bag, because I can pull out a few diapers, wipes, changing pad, face wipes, pacifier wipes, and three or four toys/books, a snack cup, or skip a toy and take some baby food and eating-out essentials. I put diapers in one interior pouch, and I keep bandaids and small diaper ointment packets and a tiny nose sucker in the other that's intended for bottles. I put a sippy cup in one side pocket (I nursed, so I don't know about carrying bottles), tissue pack and binky in the other, and the large front pocket is for my wallet, keys, phone, lotion, chapstick and whatnot. The thin back pocket was nice for easy access to a burp cloth when the tyke was very little. Now, I tend to shove notes or mail in there when we're running errands. In winter, I carry around a small light blanket, too, but I usually end up tying that around a shoulder strap. I know people who don't feel comfortable leaving the house without the kithen sink, and I initially felt nervous relying on so little, but it caused me to be efficient, and now I can't imagine lugging more around with me. Who needs the shoulder pain? The zipper is awesome very easy to use single-handedly. I love this with my strollers, because it slips nicely over the handle bars and isn't so heavy that it causes the stroller to keel over. Definitely recommend this bag! The only issue I have ever had with it is that my husband dropped it off of the front of the stroller and ran it over, making a small hole where it skidded along the road. For 14 months of daily use, not bad and who on earth really runs over their diaper bag?

My 2 yr old daughter goes to daycare 4 days out of the week, so this bag was used A LOT. We found it a great size for just the essentials (change of clothes, diapers & wipes), a discrete gender neutral look, and the dual zipper top access was a plus.

However, after 2 months of use we found the fabric loop on one side (attached to the bag, not to the strap) was fraying and it eventually separated all together! I thought this might have just been a fluke, but when I look at the other side it's beginning to show the same issues.

I think the problem is that the strap becomes twisted, and the rectangular plastic loop (that connects the strap to the loop of the bag) sits tall instead of wide, continuously pulling the fabric loop in a way it was not intended. A simple straight stitch flush against the rectangular plastic loop would have done wonders, its a shame it wasn't recognized in testing.

I know my husband and myself were not the gentlest with this bag, but that's just a simple design flaw. Parents shouldn't have to "baby" the baby bag.

Buy Eddie Bauer "Weekender" Mini Diaper Bag Now

I bought this as an extra diaper bag so I wouldn't have to drag my large bag everywhere. I love it, it's perfect for quick trips and has room for everything I need for short time frames. I honestly use this more than my fancy larger bag. My sister is having a baby and wants the same bag too!

Read Best Reviews of Eddie Bauer "Weekender" Mini Diaper Bag Here

Now that my boys are getting older I don't need a big bag to carry bottles or anything so I wanted something small enough to carry only the few items I need and this bag does the job! I can fit the items for the boys as well as my wallet and items from my purse so that I don't have to carry a purse and a diaper bag. I also love the adjustable strap so that if my hands are full I can put the bag over my neck/shoulder and it makes it very easy to carry. Great bag!

Want Eddie Bauer "Weekender" Mini Diaper Bag Discount?

This bag is perfect for everyday out and about use. It comfortably fits spare clothes, diapers, wipes and bottles in the main compartment, with four side compartments for more. I have a newborn and like taking her out, and don't see any need at all for a larger bag than this. It's also stylish and very well made, as well as not being gender specific like so many diaper bags are; my husband says this doubles as a man purse nicely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment