Thule EnRoute Mosey Daypack for 15-Inch MacBook Pro and 10-Inch Tablets - Black (TEMD-115)

Thule EnRoute Mosey Daypack for 15-Inch MacBook Pro and 10-Inch Tablets - BlackSo after discovering this pack on Thule's website, I was nervous that I could not find a review on it ANYWHERE, I ultimately purchased it from Amazon, and below are my first impressions

One of the first things I did was load it up with essentials, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Nexus 7 tablet, car adapter, rain jacket, snacks, Nikon D5200 SLR w 18-200mm lens, SB-400 flash (in the crush proof pocket). Macbook chager (in the other crush proof pocket), everything fit great, and the pack was surprisingly comfortable with about 20lbs of gear in it. I really like how it sits close on my shoulders, should be great for motorcycle rides in the spring.

Since I will use this pack with a lot of electronics I did a quick weather test, I filled the main pocket with a beach towel, and I stuffed paper towels in all the critical areas, then I put it on and stood in the shower on full blast for 5 minutes. Here are the results.

Top compartment (zipper on very top of bag) = Soaked

Crush Proof pockets = little leakage, just slightly damp

Inside the main compartment: laptop area = bone dry

Tablet area = bone dry

very bottom of pack (where the beach towel was) = very wet, not quite soaked.

Since I plan on taking my DSLR in this pack I am going to purchase this to keep it dry and protected http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S7ZVQO/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I kow this isn't advertised as a waterproof pack, but the wickening of the faberic performed well, and if caught in a downpour your electronics should be safe.

Overall I am very satsified with my purchase, it's the perfect size / comfort / styling for an urban daypack.

Enough features to be an urban pack, and enough room to be an overnight (or gym) pack. This Thule pack is very well-made. The material has a tough feel but sophisticated look. The zippers are strong and there are no seams for them to catch on (a pet peeve of mine). Here's the run-down on functions and storage...

Your computer will go in an inside pocket at the back of the pack. The laptop slot, which fits my 13" MBA very easily, is padded on all sides (including the bottom of the pack), except for the top which is open and does not have any closure. The top of the pack cinches down to keep the laptop in place, but when the bag is open, you will need to be careful to no let your laptop slide out.

Your iPad will go in a shallow pocket attached to the laptop pocket, This one is not padded on the front and will leave the top of your large iPad sticking out a few inches.

The rest of the inside of the pack is cavernous. I was able to fit three days worth of clothes for a recent car-camping trip.

On the inside front of the pack there are three pockets (one large and secured with a small piece of velcro, and two unsecured smaller pockets. I struggled to find a good use for the larger (4" x 11") pocket, but ended up using it for snacks and power bars. A charger didn't quite work for me there. It was too bulky and caused the bag to slouch over too much. The two smaller pockets are good for your phone and a couple of cords.

There is a good-sized pocket and zippered mesh pocket on the top of the bag. This is where I ended up putting my charger and cords. Keys and wallet can go in the zippered mesh pocket (there is a key chain holder there). The mesh pocket would also be a great place for toiletries.

On each side of the pack there is a reinforced zippered pocket that is designed for sunglasses or your phone. The inside is a soft, felt-like material. There is no dedicated media port, but the top of the zipper would allow you to pass a headphone cord through. The sunglass pockets are very well reinforced and are a nice, well-designed feature. Won't quite fit goggles, however.

Below each sunglass pocket is a water bottle pocket. Fits your typical 0.5L water bottle fine. The good news is that it also fits a 1 L Nalgene-type bottle without any trouble. The depth of the pocket holds the water bottle in place. The fabric around the bottle stretches, so your bottle is secure whether it is 0.5 or 1 L.

That's it for pockets. There is a total of 7 lashing points on the front of the pack. I use small caribiners to hang my flashlight, headlamp, and other items. One complaint about the pack is that the latch to secure the top of the pack is very subject to slipping out. It is a passive, pass-through latch that has a tendency to work its way out. I found myself resetting that latch way too frequently. Why not use a more secure latch? I'm guessing it would have taken away from the sleek look of the bag. Still, I would rather not have to mess with the latch so frequently, especially with my laptop counting on it staying secure. This bag is also lacking a waste strap. The sternum strap is fine, but if you load this up, it will start bearing down on your shoulders. There is generally very little in the way of adjustments, particularly at the shoulder, and you cannot cinch the contents down to make them more balance or secure.

Overall a good bag that tries to balance looks with functionality. I overall prefer my North Face day pack for its overall versatility, but this bag is very nice as a relatively simple pack that you can just toss stuff into and go.

Buy Thule EnRoute Mosey Daypack for 15-Inch MacBook Pro and 10-Inch Tablets - Black (TEMD-115) Now

I'm very pleased to have this pack for an unusual use. I do genealogy work, have for decades, and the materials are valuable. I'm too old to reproduce it. This pack becomes my travel pack for daytrips or weekends to sites, libraries, cemeteries, and even the document rich courthouse. It's nice to have all the electronics and materials in one pack to pass through courthouse security easily.

My bag is gray, and the color is a few tones lighter than the Amazon image appears, FYI for those color conscious.

My adaption shows the versatility for this item.

1.....Main compartment is large enough to hold my laptop and a full 3" thick 3-ring binder of data. A separate compartment, with protective padding between holds my KindleFire easily. Between these larger compartments is an 8"x8" sleeve that can hold a ready supply of new charts. On the front of this main partition is 4 additional sleeve pockets two 4"x6 ½" and two 4"x5". These hold pencils, erasers, highlighters, scissors, extra batteries, flash drives, discs, and even coins to pay for copies (thus the convenience for passing through security, jeans pockets empty, it's all in the bag.)

As duel protection, a drawstring nylon top can be optionally closed over the inside contents prior to lowering the top flap and securing it with a fool-proof strap clasp.

2.....The lid that covers and secures tight over this compartment has 2 of its own zippered places, one inside the other. One holds my snacks, a net portion, which also has an attached short strap with a metal clip to secure a valuable like a camera or keys. The larger compartment I carry 5"x*' pads of paper for notes.

3.....The front has 2 (one each side) stiff sided zippered storage units that easily hold anything 3"x6"x2", and the locations where I keep a camera (fast use) and cell phone. I also keep a spare pair of glasses there (yes, I have lost a pair in the grass before.) Below these pockets are sleeves with an elastic open top that holds water bottles and/or a slender coffee thermos for me (and peppermints.) I also carry a damp washcloth in a Ziploc.

4.....There are 7 plastic 2" loops that have yet served no purpose for me.

5.....Padding on the pack's back and straps make it comfortable to carry as a backpack for extended times. A strong nylon loop at the top of the straps allows the pack to easily be carried in one hand, my usual method.

6..... Pack itself weighs less than 1 ½ lbs so carrying load is completely up to the user.

That's just my use, and everyone will be able to adapt this item for their own use.

Perhaps a backpack diaper bag? Overnighter carryon?

Strong construction, as good as I've seen on a pack this size.

It's worth the money to protect valuable electronics and genealogy data.

It will be fun to read reviews in the future and see how many ways this pack has been adapted.

`

Read Best Reviews of Thule EnRoute Mosey Daypack for 15-Inch MacBook Pro and 10-Inch Tablets - Black (TEMD-115) Here

The Thule EnRoute Mosey Daypack is a gorgeous day/backpack and it will draw attention. It's styled like an ultrabook (and sized like one, as well). If you're like me and you carry a laptop, iPad, notebook, external hard drive, and various other vital gear, then you might grow frustrated with the space limitations imposed by the very modest size of this pack. Then again, it is billed as a daypack, and if your adventures don't require you to bring along much more than your computer and a few power bars, then you'll have plenty of room to spare. I somehow manage to make it work, but it's not for everybody.

In terms of overall design and quality of construction, this is unquestionably the nicest bag I have ever owned. Every element--from fabric to zipper pulls--screams "top shelf" and you will never be embarrassed to have this bag slung over your shoulder.

For the price, I don't think there's a better combination of quality, design, and utility out there. Highly recommended.

Want Thule EnRoute Mosey Daypack for 15-Inch MacBook Pro and 10-Inch Tablets - Black (TEMD-115) Discount?

This bag is a little large overall, but my laptop sits in perfectly in the main compartment and the padded surface of the compartment offers good protection. I use the slip pocket to keep my Kindle Fire.

It comes with two side heat-molded compartments which are known for fragile gears; I keep my cell phone, sunglass and my camcorder. The bag can accommodate all kinds of gear and can take up to fifteen to twenty pounds of electronic paraphernalia. It also has a side pocket on the lower side where I keep my water bottle. One cool thing about this bag is that the padded backpack straps make it easier to carry the load. It is good for camping trip or weekend trips.

The materials are of good quality and the bag is strong, but the snap-in locking mechanism is not user-friendly. I give this product four-star for comfort, design and utility.

1. Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)

2. Case Logic AUA-311 11-Inch Laptop and iPad Slim Case (Black)

Save 18% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment