Kiva Luggage Compress-It Compressible Packing Cubes Set

Kiva Luggage Compress-It Compressible Packing Cubes Set, Black, One SizeI like these bags a lot. They do compress but the best thing about them is that they hold your items snugly and keep them from shifting around and getting wrinkled. They also remain pliable compared to the plastic compression bags which become rigid and are difficult to pack around. I did not over pack my case but the fabric around the zipper on the large pack frayed and came un-stitched. I simply sewed it back which reduced the overall capacity by a tiny amount but it is holding well. I had read reviews on other websites that the bags came un-stitched so was not surprised when it happened to me. Even with that, I would choose to purchase the item again. If you would be bothered by having to re-sew a bag, based on my experience and what I had read in other places, I would purchase a different bag. However, if you are fine with restitching a 2-4 inch section where the zippers come together, I would highly recommend this product. The method I used was hand sewing, rolling the fabric up against the zipper which provided more "bite" for the stress where the zippers came together. It took me 10-15 minutes and was very simple.

these are great compressable packing cubes. ive read reviews on other sites that complain about the quality of the zippers, but i haven't enountered a problem. the large cube is the most versitle...it can hold about 8 t shirts with no problems. the medium cubes are too small for shirts, but could be good for undergarments, socks, bathing suits, etc. i wish kiva would offer different configurations of this item. i would love to have at least 3 of the large cubes for my packing needs. kiva, if you are reading this, please offer a set of just the large cubes!

Buy Kiva Luggage Compress-It Compressible Packing Cubes Set Now

We used these on a recent trip to France. It has a zipper system to do the compression for space saving. They are small, socks, underwear, maybe t-shirts, & similar will fit. Mostly, I found the one I used to help with containment, as in keeping the stuff I stored in it neatly collected in one place. Plan to use again.

Read Best Reviews of Kiva Luggage Compress-It Compressible Packing Cubes Set Here

I own a set of 3 Rick Steves Packing Cubes which are very nicely sized and function well. I needed an additional set of packing cubes for my wife, however, and was attracted to the idea that the Kiva cubes had compression capabilities. And while the Kiva cubes function great as packing cubes, the compression capabilities are lacking.

The Kiva cubes are well constructed with solid sides and bottoms, along with mesh tops for viewing contents. The Kiva cubes dimensions are slightly smaller than the the Rick Steves version, but sizable enough to fit the desired amount of clothing. The cubes contain an additional zipper that wraps around the cube, which is designed to compress the cubes when closed. I found, however, that when the cubes are fully loaded, the zipper compression does not adequately compress the cube, and most of the time the compression zipper can't even close completely without fear of it breaking due to the strain. In the end, I didn't even bother with the compression zipper, and instead just treated the cubes like standard packing cubes.

I think Kiva should revisit their design if they want to create a compressible packing cube. Small side compression straps would function much better than the zipper system. I originally gave the product 4 stars because the packing cubes perform their main function well, but I removed a star because the compression system seems more gimmicky than useful. Given the higher cost and slightly smaller dimensions over the Rick Steves Packing Cubes, I would just as soon choose them over the Kiva Compression Cubes.

Want Kiva Luggage Compress-It Compressible Packing Cubes Set Discount?

The compressible bag works well for sweaters, scarves, gloves and knit hats. The small size is perfect to throw into a purse or bag because it keeps the items together, prevents them from getting caught in keys, and makes it is easy to find when you need it. The compressible bag works less well for lycra items since those are already somewhat compressed by their nature. I found this particular pair of compressible bags a bit of a challenge with the zipper---I have a different set with a smoother zipper, but for some reason, the zipper on these snags. I needed to put my finger between the bag and zipper to get it working.

0 comments:

Post a Comment