Lowepro LP36447-PWW Rover Pro 35L AW (Galaxy Blue/Light Grey)

Lowepro LP36447-PWW Rover Pro 35L AWI've gone through a lot of photography bags, many from lowepro Lowe was my first true hiking backpack from way back and I've liked their products for years. I've always looked for something that would allow me to go hiking for more than just a day trip but it seemed like the backpack aspect of photo bags takes a back seat to integrating the 'walls' that hold the photo gear. There is never a good waist belt system, etc. This little guy really did the job for me on a recent two week trip to patagonia where I was day hiking 10-12 miles a day in variable weather.

Some nice things:

waist belt outperforms other bags great adjustment straps, good cushioning

weather cover is great for a quick rainstorm did not try days and days hiking with it but it easily fit a full pack

accessible pockets without opening the bag back pouch holds food, light clothing. top pouch can be reached while hiking and holds a surprising amount. two belt pouches are something you don't see on other bags

storage for a small tripod is rock solid and offset by the water pouch on the opposite side of the bag for good weight balance.

inner photo gear box is too big for just a camera with a single lens (how I hike) so I ended up storing other stuff in it (first aid kit, space blanket, etc) that usually ends up rolling around my pack.

straps on the bottom were fine for a sleeping pad

arches away from your back to keep sweat down to a minimum contact points limit to the hips and shoulders. I'm telling you, this is a real pack.

my negative experience in two weeks was that the clips that hold the elastic for the trekking poles broke poor build quality there. Hard to describe, basically I can't carry trekking poles any more. I rarely use them anyway so it's no big deal for me but be careful with that mechanism

I combined with with the cotton carrier strap shot which was a great combination. the d-ring of the rover pro worked great. I reviewed that product as well if you want to check it out. Turned this rig into the ultimate photo day pack for me.

Another recommendation would be to get a packing cube for your other small items. The camera box is big but you have room to the sides so things slip down in there and it's tough to find. Solved for me with a packing cube (sun screen, flash light/head lamp, water purifier that kind of thing).

Perfect carry-on size for airplanes I was in many different sizes. Thought about the 45L version and I'm glad I stuck with the small version. For a multi-day backcountry trip I would go 45L for sure.

Save 10% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment