Laurex 15.6" Laptop Backpack

Laurex 15.6' Laptop BackpackI'm a professional adult female who has to carry my powerful laptop around with me for work, and I often have to carry it to various sites within a building during the course of a day. While messenger bags or briefcases may seem fine for traveling professionals, they can be cumbersome to carry or have at your hip. Also, I am buxom, so messenger bags work across the body have a tendency to look a little silly on me, and I find myself wearing them the way one wears a purse. With a backpack, I have my hands free, and I'm not constantly bumping into people with the bag at my hip. Distributing the weight onto my shoulders and back makes it so much lighter.

This bag is perfect. The gold design (I got the beige butterfly) is subdued and everything about the bag is well made. It is very, very light and compact, yet holds so much! I carry a water bottle, a full sized legal pad, pens, a camera, my ipod, my kindle, my phone, keys, cords for all the devices listed above, and collapsible headphones in it without it looking stuffed or being too heavy.

I do have a Laurex messenger bag (I got the chocolate and gold) as well, for those times when a bookbag would just not be suitable, but my backpack is my go-to for everyday travel.

My only caveat is that they are not the fastest shippers in the world. I ordered the two bags the same day, and, because of pricing, ordered this from Amazon and the other from a large retailer's (that famous one headquartered in Arkansas with the smiley face logo) online store. They both arrived five days later, which in this day and age seems long.

If you are tempted to get the 17 inch size so you have extra room, don't. This backpack holds my 15.6 Lenovo ideapad perfectly, without it being a tight fit, and with plenty of space. The pictures don't show it well, but it has a nice pocket in the front, behind the clips, and it has another zippered pocket above that, and on the inside, there is another zippered pocket that has slots for ID and cards. The straps are the most comfortable straps imaginable. There is an odd strap meant to connect across the chest, but I don't use it.

It is worth the cost. I've had the standard $30 black laptop backpacks in the past, and they are functional, but not as well made, light, or comfortable as this one. I regularly wear it while walking a mile up and down stairs within a building, and those $30 backpacks would have added much more weight.

I have had it for over a month now, and it hasn't gotten dirty. Rain beads off of it, and dust brushes off easily. (Remember, I have the beige one, and its really more of a cream.)

I get compliments on it all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment