SwissGear 15.6-Inch Granite Backpack for Notebook (GA-7335-07F00)

SwissGear 15.6-Inch Granite Backpack for NotebookGot this backpack for "free" (money spent on this backpack was given back in form of rebate) from one of those office supply store sales.

FEATURES

-Laptop sleeve...No use to me in day-to-day school life, but on the occasions that I did have to carry my 15" laptop, it fit well and I felt that it was very secure. The laptop sleeve is a red pocket in the main compartment with a thick, 2" velcro strap on top. The velcro strap is a nice touch. It kept my laptop from jiggling around too much while power-walking across campus.

-Shoulder straps...My shoulder and back muscles have a love-hate relationship with these straps. It's very comfortably padded, it's actually one of the main reasons why I bought this backpack. This is perhaps the most comfortable backpack I've ever had. Unfortunately, all the padding makes the backpack heavy, even when there's nothing in it. The fabric has started to fray a little bit on the sides after three years of daily school use, but it's not too bad. Also, the padding inside the shoulder straps have worn thin (or compressed or something)so it's not as luxuriously padded as before. It's still very usable though. I love that the fabric of the shoulder straps don't pick up residue from duct tape (yes, I went through that stupid phase where people put random pieces of duct tape on their backpacks).

-TWO top handles...At first I was like, what the hell? Why are there TWO top handles? I only need one. But through the years, I found that the two handles were very useful. There's a thinner handle more towards the shoulder straps and a thicker handle towards the main compartment. I find the thinner handle useful for hauling the backpack out of a car trunk and the thicker handle for picking it up off the floor. I'd say each handle gets equal use.

-Main compartment...Very spacious, and it fit a lot of my crap and school supplies in it. And when I say crap, I mean crap. Like, half-empty plastic water bottles, old plastic baggies of snacks, etc. And it fit my school supplies on top of that. It fit five 2" binders and 3 one subject spiral bound notebooks. Impressive. Plus a light/medium weight jacket. Furthermore, the fabric is even kind of waterproof! I haven't dumped it in a bathtub or anything, but I found my school stuff desert-dry after walking in the pouring rain. However, the bottom of the main compartment is NOT waterproof, so when I accidentally dropped it in a puddle, all my stuff got soaked.

-Second compartment...Pockets for pens and a cell phone and iPod and even a key ring and such are included. However, I didn't really use this pocket much. The thin (but sturdy!) fabric separating this compartment and the main one meant that anything bulky in here would interfere with the main compartment.

-Third outer compartment...I used this pocket to store all my supplies (pens, pencils, mini ruler, calculator, etc.). It works very well for this purpose, but be warned that pencils will make it kind of dirty. All the lead/graphite dust gets everywhere. I suppose this pocket would also be good for holding a wallet or sunglasses.

-Water bottle holders...I guess both would've worked fine, if I hadn't been stupid enough to ruin both of them by putting sharp rocks in both pockets. The rocks tore up the mesh pockets, so it was pretty much unusable after that.

OVERALL

This backpack performed fabulously, and is still going strong after three years of daily school abuse. It's been thrown carelessly, dragged across the concrete, yanked this way to that, had chocolate ice cream spill inside of it (easily removed with soap and water), and dropped in a puddle. However, as I move on to a new chapter of my life, I feel that I need a new backpack (Dakine, this time) as well. Therefore, it's time to retire this backpack. Thank you, Swiss Gear, for three years of a fantastic backpack. Highly recommended to anyone considering buying a backpack.

This bag is very spacious and works great for my needs.

I looked everywhere before I bought it and couldn't find anyone that had fit a laptop larger than 15". In hopes that I will save someone the hassle of searching, this bag will fit a 17" MacBook Pro (2nd gen.) nicely, but there isn't much room to spare. My laptop measures 1" H x 15.4" W x 10.4" D. If your laptop is any larger, you may have issues.

My only complaint is that the adjustment straps are unnecessarily long, but otherwise it's a great backpack.

Buy SwissGear 15.6-Inch Granite Backpack for Notebook (GA-7335-07F00) Now

I bought this backpack to use for school. My 15.6 inch laptop fits with room to spare, and the laptop compartment and shoulder straps are very well padded. Even with the laptop in it, there's plenty of room in the back pocket for whatever else I need to put in there. The color is a little uglier than I expected, and the inside is red. The very front pocket is larger than what I'm used to for holding pens, pencils, etc. I'd rather have a smaller pocket for that. But overall, it seems like a quality backpack for the price. Plus, I got FREE shipping.

Read Best Reviews of SwissGear 15.6-Inch Granite Backpack for Notebook (GA-7335-07F00) Here

This bag is perfect for my needs. Great size... It fits my 15.4" laptop just fine with room to spare and the velcro strap to hold it is fully adjustable, so it doesn't wiggle. Lots of space for accessories, papers, and anything else I need to carry. I love the colors. The green is subtle and goes well with the black... the dark red inside is a nice contrast and make it easy to see what's what. Lots of pockets for anything and everything and great attention to detail.

If I had to make a complaint it would be that the straps are a little wide for everyday use... but if I really loaded it up with heavy stuff, I would appreciate the extra support and padding, I'm sure.

All in all, a great backpack!

Want SwissGear 15.6-Inch Granite Backpack for Notebook (GA-7335-07F00) Discount?

It's a perfect backpack that I wanted except for it's huge size. It's too big. Specially the shoulder straps. They are long and width of straps is more. I liked the color. It's lovely. My 15.4" dell laptop fits nicely in it. I guess 17" laptop can also fit in it.

It has got three pockets including front small zipped pocket and two side pockets. There are two main compartments, one is for laptop with swiss guard that protects laptop, still having plenty room for books or other things. Another medium sized compartment with many small pockets. Inner side of main compartment is red and it looks awesome. Red and green colors go well with eachother. Great combination.

Easy to carry and comfortable. I am really happy that there was no shipping charge.

In a nutshell, it's a good laptop backpack. :):):)

Ayushi

Save 11% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment